News from the web:
SAN JOSÉ, Mar 8, 2010 (IPS) – The Costa Rican government has declared retirement communities, aimed at attracting U.S. pensioners, to be “of national interest.” Plans to create “retirement clusters” providing complete health services for older adults are seen as a profitable prospect for this Central American country.
Old people as a business: this is the bottom line of the government and private sector’s new project.
Noting the rapid development of the “health cities” in Mexico and Panama, Costa Rican officials and entrepreneurs are poised to tap into the perceived gold mine among middle and upper-middle class senior citizens of industrialised countries.
The concept is simple, and includes slashing red tape to the minimum by providing one-stop residence permits at the Migration Directorate, so that foreigners, especially the well-heeled, can come to live in the country.
Read the whole story HERE
visit us at RetiredResources.com
Featured JobsNo featured jobs found.
Job Board Menu
- [Photo] Health Minster suggests raising the official age for senior citizens : National : News : The Hankyoreh
- Retirement residents’ calendar inspires healthy living and supports local women | WLUK
- Retirement should be a transition to meaningful, exciting work
- The 60+ Most Lucrative Ways for Seniors to Earn Money Online
- Survey Reveals Most Seniors to Come out of Retirement – The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea – Health/Lifestyle > Lifestyle