This position is open as of 9/12/2018.
A & A Senior Accountant - CPA, Public Accounting - Yes!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Our city is approximately 75K in population, growing and truly a great place to raise a family or enjoy being a part of one of the fastest growing cities in America. We offer a great climate and hospitable people with collaboration to make our city the best it can be.
This is ideally for a talented and ambitious CPA with public tax experience to grow within our company. Ideally 3-10 yrs. experience.
Salary: $65-$85K and or / DOE
CPA Certified or currently pursuing CPA certificate is a must.
What You Will Be Doing
Seniors Accountants perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often supervise one or more staff accountants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Senior Accountants are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments under direction of manager or partner.
- Assists managers and partners in monitoring and meeting deadlines.
- Is familiar with time budgets for the various areas and assists managers and partners with monitoring the progress of work.
- Possesses a good working knowledge of GAAP and GAAS; recognizes areas that may require further research and is competent to perform basic research of A & A matters.
- Is familiar with all software used in A & A engagements, including trial balance, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrates competence in preparing GAAP basis tax accrual work papers.
- Assists in training of staff on A & A matters.
- Is familiar with SSARS and firm policies regarding compilation and review engagements.
- Recognizes different bases of accounting such as OCBOA and regulatory-based accounting; possesses expertise on the appropriateness of accounting reports applicable to each.
-Participates in planning procedures to detect fraud, including brainstorming sessions; maintains a proactive stance in fraud detection.
- Directs and instructs staff accountants, where applicable, in work to be performed and reviews working papers of those under his/her supervision.
- In coordination with managers, determines extent and manner of audit tests.
- Prepares work papers for more complex audit and accounting areas.
- Supervises the indexing and organization of work papers.
- Prepares drafts of management letters.
- Drafts accountants' reports, financial statements and footnotes.
- Suggests changes in auditing procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
What You Need for this Position
- Public Accounting
- auditing knowledge A & A engagements
- Leadership with excellent written and verbal communication
- assisting in training Staff Accountants
- regulatory based accounting
- fraud detection
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or bachelor's degree in another discipline with various course work in accounting, through intermediate level.
What's In It for You
What's In It for You
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 401K Match
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Relocation Assistance
And an excellent place to grow your career here for the long term. We are looking for talent and ambition with our company and we promote from within!
Required SkillsCPA, Public Accounting, auditing knowledge A & A engagements, GAAP, GAAS, assist in training Staff Accountants, SSARS, OCBOA, regulatory based accounting, fraud detection
If you are a good fit for the A & A Senior Accountant - CPA, Public Accounting - Yes! position, and have a background that includes:
CPA, Public Accounting, auditing knowledge A & A engagements, GAAP, GAAS, assist in training Staff Accountants, SSARS, OCBOA, regulatory based accounting, fraud detection and you are interested in working the following job types:
Accounting, Finance, Banking
Within the following industries:
Accounting - Finance
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the job in more detail with you!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.