Belmont Village Senior Living - Rancho Palos Verdes
Belmont Village is a developer and operator of premier Senior Living residences nationwide.
Building Maintenance Engineer - Senior Living - Rancho Palos Verdes
Belmont Village Senior Living, a premier provider of Senior Living services for the elderly is seeking an experienced hands-on Building Maintenance Engineer with commercial building experience for our Rancho Palos Verdes, CA community. This is a residential apartment community with approximately 130 units made up of studio and one and two bedroom models.
Maintain building and grounds in accordance with Belmont Village Senior Living guidelines. Coordinate vendor services and work within established budget guidelines. Manage and complete service requests in a timely manner. Report to Executive Director.
- Ensure facility meets all life safety requirements
- Carry out preventative maintenance program, including:
- managing lawn services
- keeping sidewalks clean, swept and clear of obstructions including snow and ice
- performing maintenance tasks for residents
- ensuring proper removal of trash
- refurbishing living units for the next occupants (paint, repair holes in walls, etc.)
- repairing or replacing broken light fixtures, bulbs and ceiling tile
- assisting with setup and cleanup for special events
- matching paint specifications for re-painting
- maintain all mechanical equipment per preventative maintenance program
- maintain and log facility key system
- maintain MSDS manuals
- change filters in air conditioning units
- Coordinate property suppliers
- Perform resident appliance/electrical inspection
- Perform move-in, move-out inspection
- Perform property inspections on monthly basis
- Take weekly water meter readings
- Respond to afterhours emergency calls from facility
- Be a member of the facility emergency team
- Be a member of the Safety Inspection Team
- Actively communicate health and safety information to employees and participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
- Verify that job specific safety procedures are established
- Train employees in safe work practices
- Verify that routine inspections are conducted by trained personnel and include job task observations
- Conduct timely accident investigations
- Correct hazards and unsafe conditions in a timely manner
- Communicate health and safety information to employees and facilitate their involvement in health and safety activities
- Verify the effective and timely training on health and safety activities
- Reinforce the use of good health and safety practices through positive recognition programs and disciplinary actions
- Complete health and safety audit finding closure within 30 days
- Other duties assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience in commercial setting
- Ability to read building blueprints
- Proficient reading, comprehension, writing and mathematical ability
- Intermediate level computer skills with MS Word, Excel, and Email or similar software
- Ability to work flexible shifts in a 24 hour operation including weekends
- More than 3 years maintenance experience
- Experience working with a senior population
- Experience working with electronic emergency calls systems
- Experience working with electronic environmental management systems
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 80 lbs., using proper body mechanics and/ or available equipment
- Ability to bend, kneel or climb ladders to perform maintenance tasks
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions (winter and summer temperatures)
- Ability to distinguish colors
Belmont Village Senior Living owns and operates Upscale Senior Living Apartment Communities NATIONWIDE. Our Communities are designed for seniors who need some assistance with daily activities. We provide living space, meals, housekeeping services, recreational/social activities and personal support to our residents.
The only thing more beautiful than the surroundings at Belmont Village Senior Living is the people with which you will work. COME FOR THE ENVIRONMENT, BECOME PART OF THE FAMILY. Our goal is to provide seniors with a way to lead happy, self-directed lives.
We are seeking LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. Sorry, no relocation available.
COME BE PART OF AN INNOVATIVE WINNING TEAM!
To apply click here.
Belmont Village Senior Living -Rancho Palos Verdes
5701 Crestridge Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
For more information regarding Belmont Village Senior Living visit us at www.belmontvillage.com.
We Make Aging Better !
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.