Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building complex infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong, heavy civil construction project management skills to use while building water treatment plants, waste water treatment plants, and pump stations?
Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking a Civil Construction Project Manager for water projects in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
Our ideal candidate will have established relations and contacts in the North Texas water market or will be strong enough to build these relations.
This position will:
- Require advanced skills for business development, estimating, and request for proposal response.
- Provide overall supervision and coordination on one large project or several small projects that require interfacing of heavy/civil water projects.
- Requires maintaining a strong working relationship with engineers, inspectors, developers, vendors, and subcontractors, so outstanding customer service skills are essential.
- Organizational and writing skills for business development.
- Direct all job personnel in the implementation of E.E.O., safety, and preventive maintenance policies.
- Analyze and update cost information on job cost reporting data.
- Review all billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost.
- Submit regular billings to owners to ensure prompt payment.
- Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting software.
- Maintain profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls as established by the construction manager and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Present and discuss change order needs with owners and owners’ representatives.
- Construction management/CMAR experience.
- Read and interpret owner’s drawings and specifications insuring that AB&R staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to pursue and build the project.
- Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment resources are in line with needs.
- Review daily time sheets to insure accurate job cost data.
- Create and maintain general schedule and update schedule as job progresses or changes.
- Create ten day detailed schedule and update weekly.
- Provide all AB&R personnel and sub-contractor personnel with sufficient notice to ensure all work is started on schedule.
- Order and properly allocate cost for all material resources needed to complete the project.