Position Title: OAR II
Start Date: Approximately mid May
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District
Position Location: Los Angeles Area
DACM Project Management is a full service program, project, and construction management firm established in 1987. Today, we have participated in domestic and international construction projects totaling more than $5 billion. As a member of the DACM team, you can make a lasting impact on your community and beyond. We invite you to join us for an opportunity with a company that respects the value of every member. Our goal is to forge lasting alliances and we're proud to say that many of our employees have been part of the DACM team for over ten years.
A successful candidate for this position will be assigned to the DACM contract with the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD).
For more info please visit www.dacmpm.com
Salary Range: $155,000 to $170,000 per annum, depending on experience
Manage construction projects on behalf of LAUSD as the Owners Authorized Representative (Project Manager). The work locations will be in downtown Los Angeles and school locations throughout the LAUSD service area.
1. Manage, oversee and coordinate all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction, and close-out phase of all assigned projects.
2. Review pre-construction documents and submit comments to Designer as necessary.
3. Plan, organize, and prepare reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of projects.
4. Coordinate with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinate with various District and Project staff.
5. Manage both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards; monitor the project budget on a monthly basis and ensure that the budget accurately reflects the project status / progress.
6. Manage daily activities of the contractor, review contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinate responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents.
7. Review substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or District requirements are complied with.
8. Receive, review, and negotiate Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; review and address any and all Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner.
9. Review the process and monitor payments for the contractor, architects, engineers, and any other pertinent parties.
10. Administer provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District.
11. Coordinate District delivery of related fixtures, furniture, and equipment.
12 Monitor and manage project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of
State Architect (DSA) and project financial close-out.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.