Consultant - Project Controller
Deloitte Consulting's Project Controller Practice is comprised of client service professionals specializing in project and account operations serving as a focal point for aspects of engagement, program, and account management control. Consultant - Project controllers provide engagement management knowledge for the entire project management team(s) by assisting with initiating and controlling organization and logistical aspects of projects. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts.
Work you’ll do
As a Consultant - Project Controller you will:
- Be responsible for supporting one or more project/engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management control
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to project and track financial metrics such as revenue, expense, etc.
- Interact periodically with senior level internal, and sometimes external, clients to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide project financial advice
- Track expenditures and perform the client bill and receivable collection functions
- Perform and manage project management office (PMO) functional tasks and perform day-to-day contract management activities
- Understand and utilize standard processes for project management, quality management, and risk management
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall Project Controller Practice through active involvement in one or more practice initiatives
Our project controller practice helps clients define what they need and how it can be delivered. We work with clients to define their projects’ scope in as much detail as possible using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for projects’ phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients’ projects on track and on cost.