Corporate Project Engineer, Production & Packaging Capital Projects
- 90 Orville Drive, Bohemia, NY
For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world.Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative Engineering team within the upward trending health & wellness industry. The Project Engineer will recommend, scope, plan, design, develop and execute capital projects in production and packaging sites using TPM based Early Management tools and sound business rationale.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing processes and facilities to improve all plant metrics.
- Prepare Project Requirements for, select and manage Contractors as necessary to support project execution.
- Execute strategic capital investment projects using all TPM based Early Management Tools.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Support production and packaging facilities with technical leadership and facilitation of Root Cause Analysis, Focused Improvement and FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis).
- Develop plan for equipment FATs (Factory Acceptance Testing).
- Expected to lead plant personnel through FAT process from concept to production.
- Participate in the development of Start Up planning with plant personnel to identify all additional labor requirements, scrap produced and start up inefficiencies.
- Ensure that all projects are completed with proper technical documentation, training, spare parts lists and support contacts based on FMEA and plant input.
- Develop and use standard project turnover and close out checklists.
- Partner with EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) on safety and ergonomic requirements to all equipment and layouts.
- Hold all vendors and contractors accountable to all fiduciary commitments and GMP and safety practices.
- Set performance guarantee criteria for all suppliers and vendors supplying equipment and solutions. Accountable for ensuring supplier and vendor commitments are fully met.
- Complete all projects on time, within budget and within scope and stated results.
- Communicate effectively both internally and with all customers to update status.
- Capital Project Engineering Experience.
- High Technical Skills and knowledge of current technical applications.
- Strong Microsoft Office® Product Skills, including Microsoft Project®.
- Strong AutoCAD® skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 to 5 years of Project Engineering, Reliability Engineering or System Engineering experience preferred.
- Experience in the Food Processing or Pharmaceutical Industry is preferred.
- Experience in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) tools and their execution preferred.
- Travel to plants could be required as projects are developed, installed and started up.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.