Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Represented Casualty Adjuster in San Antonio, TX!
What you will do:
- Investigate and settle injury claims where parties involved are represented by an attorney.
- Investigate claims: take recorded statements, obtain photos and/or conduct on scene investigations, review medical reports, document claim files and prepare investigation summaries.
- Determine liability, determine damages and negotiate a claim settlement in accordance with business unit best practices.
- Claim may involve litigation, arbitration or mediation requiring coordination with legal counsel.
- Participate in depositions, hearings, trial or arbitration.
- Deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy.
- Research and respond to customer communications.
- You will provide guidance and direction to less experienced employees and provide mentoring and coaching to the team.
What we offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Casual work environment
- Wellness incentives
- Tuition reimbursement
- Volunteer opportunities
- You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
Please note, there is a required 1-week training that will take place in Wheeling, IL.
- High School &/or Bachelors degree with previous experience.
- Liability determination and investigation, prior casualty claim handling and experience working with attorneys strongly preferred.
- Experience in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Well organized self-starter who can work independently.
- Persistence and the ability to solve problems.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Prior military are strongly encouraged to apply.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.