Are you an experienced Security Officer looking to join a growing team in the Des Moines Metro?
Join our team at Securitas!
We are the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than 90,000 security officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses. Our fundamental values-Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness-serve as guidance for all of our employees in building trust with customers, colleagues and the surrounding community.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking experienced Security Officers to play a key role, serving as the first point of contact our clients can reach at an assigned site. This will involve, maintaining a positive environment and providing an exceptional customer experience. We provide clear training paths and development tools for all our employees, from security officers to management. If customer service is your passion, and would like to grow your career with a collaborative and supportive company, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
- Observing and reporting activities and incidents at an assigned client site
- Providing safety of client property and personnel
- Making periodic tours to check for irregularities
- Inspect protection devices and fire control equipment
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Preserving order and acting to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises
- Controlling access to client site or facility through the admittance process
- Patrolling assigned site on foot or in vehicle
- Checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons
- Protecting evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations
- Responding to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents
- Preparing logs and reports as required
- Be energetic, personable, and dependable
- A strong commitment to providing world-class customer service
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively handle potentially difficult situations in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Interpersonal and active listening skills
- The ability to easily establish rapport and credibility with a wide variety of clients and prospective clients
Specific requirements for this role include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Reliable means of communication and transportation
- English proficiency
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
- Willingness to submit to and pass pre-employment screening process, to include drug screen and background investigation
Join our team at Securitas-The Leader in Protective Services!