BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Fitness Specialist for a Per Diem role with our Fitness and Wellness office. The Fitness Specialist will lead scheduled exercise classes designed to develop and maintain positive fitness levels for residents in Senior Living Communities (Assisted Living Facilities and Independent Living Facilities) in Cherry Hill, NJ.
As a member of our Senior Living Team, you will be an integral component of a continuum of care. Our multi-disciplinary health care team provides skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to maintain their independence.
At BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to investing in people and nurturing their desire to grow. Watch this video to learn more about field employee career pathing:
Responsibilities for a Fitness Specialist include:
- Lead scheduled group exercise classes for the residents of Senior Living Communities
- Develop fitness classes which are designed to develop and promote positive fitness levels for a senior population.
Qualifications for a Fitness Specialist include:
- Certification as a Fitness Instructor, or equivalent, through an accredited national exercise/fitness organization such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE, IDEA or SFA.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a Fitness Specialist, preferably in a senior services setting.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred
- Ability to travel to Senior Living Facilities, as assigned
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability
- Benefits may include weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; and opportunities for career advancement.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.