Bonaventure Senior Housing is seeking a dynamic and experienced Interior Designer to join our team. Bonaventure is a premier Senior Living company based in the Northwest, committed to providing our residents with an exceptional senior lifestyle.
We believe the right combination of environment, function, comfort and style, are essential to achieving healthy, aesthetically pleasing spaces for our residents.
We’re looking for an Interior Designer who will offer a compelling combination of design and quality with a timeless and classic appeal. Candidate must demonstrate themselves a well-rounded, strategic thinker with an integrated approach to design, management and project resolution.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced designer and leader who is highly creative, energetic and action-minded. Experience in assisting and running FF & E design for complex, multi-faceted projects is a plus. He or She is a designer who is a good steward of resources and manager of processes, as well as passionate about enhancing the exceptional care and service we provide our residents with appealing, functional, and stylish communities they will be proud to call home.
The Interior Designer is responsible for working with the architectural and development team to coordinate and supervise the interior design process from conception to furnishing of community. Emphasis will be on developing an attractive and comfortable setting with specific “theme areas”, budgeting, specifying, ordering, scheduling, control, administration and installation. Identify select pieces (furniture, art, lighting, etc.) to complete each space.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work directly with development team, architects, contractors and suppliers to ensure that plans and specifications will result in the most attractive and cost-effective interior design
· Research finishes and products
· Responsible for the interior design such as:
o Floor to ceiling design specifications
§ Ceiling details
§ Carpet and flooring
§ Paint, trim and doors (Paint guide)
o Lighting specs
o Interior signage
o Finish schedules
· Ensure that Architects drawings match the scope and intent of the outcome.
· Design, purchase and oversee installation of all Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) including creative theme areas
· Provide official specification document of all interior hard surfaces, colors and finishes, and schedules to be used by subcontractors and suppliers
· Interpret plans and specifications, working with project managers and development team. Coordinate interior design specifications with construction documents
· Work with project managers and general contractors to establish material finishes, colors and schedules
· Manage the budget and ordering of all furnishings and décor
· Supervise budget and ordering of stock supplies and equipment (including office, janitorial, maintenance) for a start-up building
· Negotiate and manage vendor accounts to achieve maximum value in terms of product quality and pricing
· Manage the storage and delivery of all furnishings with the most cost-effective plan; schedule and manage for “on-time” installations
· Maintain liaison with the project team and owner to discuss modifications and satisfactory solutions to project problems; process pertinent change orders and make recommendations to project manager
· Assist with final inspections and completion of the punch list as requested by project manager
· Review projects at end of warranty period for evaluation of furnishings performance
· Excellent compensation package
· Generous 401K program
· Medical and dental benefits
· Flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off
· Education reimbursements
· Excellent team environment
Bonaventure is a family of companies dedicated to developing and providing an exceptional senior lifestyle. Bonaventure’s consistent success has been based upon a simple formula: engaged and satisfied residents, happy team members and fiscally responsible growth.
This formula has taken Bonaventure from the two-community company it started out as in 1999 to a portfolio of 27 architecturally refined and amenity-rich senior living communities with a focus on multi-use campuses providing retirement living assisted living and memory care. A solid sustainable growth plan allows us to continually develop and build new communities in new markets to spread the “Retirement Perfected™" lifestyle throughout the west. But we believe our greatest accomplishment is our resident satisfaction, with more than 9 out of 10 residents enthusiastically recommending us to their friends and family.
Bonaventure Senior Living achieves one of the highest resident satisfaction ratings in the industry through a belief in the importance of choice, independence and fun for each resident, dedicated and well-trained staff members, branded activity and culinary programs and, above all, extraordinary service. We seek out and hire the most qualified personnel and enhance their capabilities with training and support that far exceeds industry standards.