IT Project Manager – 6541
The IT Project Manager will be expected to have experience planning, directing, and coordinating activities for strategic NetApp projects to meet sponsor objectives for scope, schedule, and cost.
The IT Project Management role is a 6 month contract opportunity with one of our clients in the RTP area who is an international, technology company. This opportunity comes with a competitive hourly rate. The ideal candidate would live in the RTP area and be able to start in April. No sponsorship or C2C arrangements available.
Responsibilities of the IT Project Manager:
- Prepares and reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment of assignment of project personnel. This will include interviewing personnel.
- Confers with customer/project sponsor(s) and project staff to outline workplan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Proactively identifies project risks and proactively formulates mitigation plans
Should be a strong communicator (both written and verbal) who takes detailed meeting minutes, documents action items, and follow up proactively.
- Extensive knowledge of project management best practices
- Experience managing infrastructure and software upgrades
- Experience managing the update of complex integrations to other applications
Experience managing projects/programs with significant organizational change management components
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to speak up.
- The ability to manage dotted line, cross-functional teams.
- The ability to work with limited oversight/control and the courage to make recommendations based on available evidence, understanding of our client's environment and their own experience.
Contact Martha Michaux at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or (919)981-6200 x314 with questions regarding this posting. A Word resume is preferred when applying.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it’s not about what you know, it’s about who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.