Palace Gate Corporation is currently seeking a IT Project Manager for our premier client in Pleasant Prairie, WI. This is a 6+ month contract-to-hire position in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience managing projects with a variety of technologies, platforms and development languages (AS400, Java, .NET) a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office, Windows OS and the Internet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of assigned projects.
- Help define each project's scope, goals and deliverables.
- Coordinate and manage the holistic project lifecycle and software development lifecycle for those projects.
- Develop detailed work plans, including work breakdown structures, project milestones, risk assessment / management plans, staffing needs and project timelines.
- Identify, schedule and assign project activities, tasks and milestones.
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables.
- Ensure project delivery framework tasks, activities and deliverables are represented and accounted for in project plans and timelines.
- Collaborate with IT managers and directors to assemble and manage the project team.
- Provide direction and support to team members.
- Manage communications with the team, as well as stakeholders and business and IT management.
- Communicate team responsibilities, target dates, project status and resource needs.
- Establish and provide weekly status, dashboards and project updates.
- Work closely with business analysts to define and refine project scope, business and functional requirements.
- Implement and facilitate change management within assigned projects.
- Drive decision-making as it relates to project activities.
- Identify, document, escalate and address risks and issues.
- Coordinate all related facility work with the Facilities department and ensure work is performed on schedule.
Education and Training
Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field required. Project management certificate a plus.