West Valley Staffing Group is currently seeking a Materials Project Manager for an exciting opportunity in Hayward, CA.
- Develops and executes materials margin improvement projects in order to meet cost objectives and track cost targets.
- Makes outsourcing decisions by performing make / buy analysis for materials margin improvement projects.
- Coordinates and assists the commodity management team in supplier price and delivery negotiations.
- Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers for materials margin improvement projects.
- Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers for materials margin improvement projects.
- Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts suppliers. Working with the materials team and monitors supplier performance (deliver, quality, and cost).
- Manages materials change control processes and may drive changes to the project management process.
- Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts, and inspection requirements.
- Works with sales team to prioritize materials margin project execution
- Coordinates with the quality team to resolve supplier quality issues and meet cost objectives.
- Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators (KPI)