Mechanical Project Engineer – Paper Machine Mill
Salary $80,000 - $95,000 + Excellent Benefits & Relocation Package to the Midwest
As the Mechanical Project Engineer, you will play a pivotal leadership role in planning, design, cost estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and supervision of projects assigned by the Engineering Manager. This position is in a large mill and belongs in the group of engineers that covers the entire mill.
· Provide project management including the development, planning and execution of capital and expense projects as assigned.
· Develop knowledge and mechanical expertise on paper machine/converting equipment and plant utility and support equipment including waste handling, compressed air, and lubrication.
· Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Review and ensure equipment/processes meet safety codes, policies, and guidelines.
· Support equipment installation/modification and related start-up activities, provide mechanical engineering leadership to resolve problems, troubleshoot, and optimize the installation/modification process to meet project objectives and schedules.
· Support the definition, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of a documentation system for mechanical drawings and other manufacturing systems.
· Develop and conduct training programs with operation, maintenance, and engineering personnel to increase process knowledge, troubleshooting capability, and understanding of mechanical and manufacturing control systems.
· Identify and solve bottlenecks within the process as related to manufacturing.
· Develop technology approaches that support improved plant efficiency, process improvement, and manufacturing flexibility.
· Review equipment and processes to identify required spare parts and coordinate ordering with maintenance/stores to minimize downtime.
· Perform failure analysis of mechanical equipment and machines to implement reliability improvement actions items.
· Effectively track and manage project costs within established budgets.
· Develop and effectively communicate project status reports on an as required basis.