Project Assistant - (Houston, Texas)
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, is looking to hire a Project Assistant on a 1 year contract basis in Houston.
- This position is responsible for performing general administrative, office support for company projects.
- Duties may include: Keep and maintain project files; Maintain project e-mail box; Document control - data entry
- Track projects and produce monthly progress reports; Work with specs, changes and finalizing
- Facilitate questions regarding projects and research information
- Maintain tracking system for projects
- Record minutes from Project Manager meetings
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Read and sort incoming mail; Collect bills/invoices
- Type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Make travel arrangements
- Prepare outgoing mailings and labels, including emails and faxes
- Organize and maintain filing system
- Coordinate client or vendor lunches, including set-up and clean-up
- Reserve conference rooms
- Coordinate with internal support departments
- Order and maintain supplies
- Arrange equipment maintenance or set-up
- Keep the department calendar and roster
- Occasional project assistance for managers
- Assist in Power point presentations
- Utilize Access to store and retrieve data
- Help coordinate clerical needs of special projects
- Complete weekly timecards
- Make copies of printed material.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum two years office/clerical experience.
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Some college coursework preferred.
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178