We engineer for lasting impact.
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
As the hydrocarbon industry rebounds and as our customers figure out how to operate in this economy, WorleyParsons finds itself in the enviable position of seeing increased bidding activity and projects that were pushed to the right resurfacing. With this upsurge in activity, we once again need to hire key individuals that can join forces with current employees and lead these projects from FEED through successful EPC execution. Right now we are looking to fill our ranks with leadership positions in our Major Projects group to work on the largest and most complex projects. We need immediate help responding to our customers desire for us to plan and re-plan the execution of their project. These projects are located on virtually every continent and require those leaders with major project skills and experience. We are currently seeking experienced
Project Business Managers with extensive experience in onshore and offshore hydrocarbons (upstream and downstream), refinery, petrochemicals, chemicals, or minerals and mining.
Project Business Manager
Primary ObjectiveThe prime objective of this position is to maximize the commercial and profitability position of WorleyParsons operations including its constituent business units.This objective will be achieved by applying cradle to grave commercial execution processes for all WP projects. These processes span from receipt of Requests for Proposals (RFP) for prospective opportunities, to completing Project Close Outs for all WP projects and include the following activities:
Pre-contract award phase:
- Involved in the Go/Get analysis to determine target opportunities for WP business units as required
- Support proposal managers with the development of Project EPC execution strategies, plans, schedules, risks according to the contract and associated costs
- Liaise with legal departments to perform the necessary commercial & legal analysis of client pro-forma contracts, including WP contract exceptions and alternatives,
- Ensure the appropriate Change Control procedure is included in proposals to clients,
- Ensure the appropriate Risk/Award analysis are performed to obtain approval from WP board to submit contract proposals to prospective clients,
- Participate in contract negotiations until award, and prepare estimate, schedule and quantities for handover to the project team who will execute the job in a manner that is executable
- Ensure all PIM requirements for computer system deliverables are agreed with engineering, procurement, project controls and the client
- Ensure all People requirements for the job are reviewed with the group for any foreign assignments or geographic specific requirements including visa needs.
Contract execution Phase:
- Follow up with Project Managers that with appropriate business acumen, fit for purpose execution strategies and systematic processes are implemented with the back-up of corporate business services teams according to WP Compliance Standards
- Set up budget quantities, schedules and dollars as per the as sold estimate and ensure it is clear to the executing team for their use and trending for any changes to the as sold
- Assure Compliance to the WorleyParsons procedures and reporting
- Responsible for project controls, document control, project accounting. PIMs and HR
- During Project execution and close out support project teams with the preparation of significant Project Change Orders and Claims.
Related experience required:
- 15 Years experience preferably in both EPC and Operations environments,
- Extensive knowledge in preparing proposals for Reimbursable and Lump sum projects,
- Working knowledge in preparing Project Change Notices and Claims with the use of Forensic Planning practices.
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project environment, excellent leadership and communication skills and a high level of customer focus.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful global team and genuinely influence and shape the way our prestigious organization performs.
We encourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures, and contexts spanned by our operations. Weather its celebrating International Womens day, broadening the horizons of young people around the world with STEM, or winning with workplace flexibility, we are continuously working to promote inclusion and flexibility in a diverse workplace.
Please note: no agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.
This is a sourcing requisition and does not constitute the availability of an open position.
WorleyParsons is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.