We engineer for lasting impact.
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
As the hydrocarbon industry rebounds and as our customers figure out how to operate in this economy, WorleyParsons finds itself in the enviable position of seeing increased bidding activity and projects that were pushed to the right resurfacing. With this upsurge in activity, we once again need to hire key individuals that can join forces with current employees and lead these projects from FEED through successful EPC execution. Right now we are looking to fill our ranks with leadership positions in our Major Projects group to work on the largest and most complex projects.
We need immediate help responding to our customers desire for us to plan and re-plan the execution of their project. These projects are located on virtually every continent and require those leaders with major project skills and experience.
We are currently seeking experienced Project Construction Managers with extensive experience in onshore and offshore hydrocarbons (upstream and downstream), refinery, petrochemicals, chemicals, or minerals and mining.
Project Construction Manager
Construction & Completions Management
- Promote OneWay expectations for progressing towards our vision of zero harm to people, assets and zero environmental incidents and ensure that the links between the expectations and the relevant supporting policies, standards, guidelines and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of worlds best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Ensure that there is engagement of Construction Services capabilities and provide support to Business Development, and the Customer Sector Groups in the pursuit of all projects.
- Provide Construction Services support to Project Management during the initial planning phase and subsequent execution phases in the delivery of Major Projects to customers.
- Responsible for Modularization plans, constructability review and construction strategies.
- Build an effective Construction team to execute Major Projects.
- Provide an environment of continual improvement of construction management skills, expertise, and capacity to ensure our success in project delivery. Provide development initiatives to create and sustain a holistic approach to the Construction Management Talent Pool.
- Maintain focus on the final product (To deliver the Project safely, meeting or exceeding internal and Customer expectations on cost / margins, schedule and quality).
- Ensure effective on-site execution of construction plans and overall management of the construction process with emphases on safety, quality, costs and schedule for construction success.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction for construction and completions activities.
- Oversee the estimates and execution plans for construction management.
- Develop, communicate, implement and regularly review systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) that: minimise the potential impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment; manage the impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment; manage recovery from environmental incidents; promote safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplaces and behaviour, including workplaces not managed by WorleyParsons and behaviour when not at work.
• Manage capability construction and completions personnel in the Major Projects business, including; Responsibility for recruitment and retention; Training and career development of construction and completions; Promoting the discipline within the graduate development program
- Proactively initiate and attract resources to build Construction capability and leverage off construction assignments and relationships to build new businesses.
- Demonstrate, champion and promote Safety Leadership
- Take functional responsibility for the health and safety of personnel working in construction and completions roles and all personnel working on WorleyParsons construction and completions worksites within Major Projects.
- Ensure WorleyParsons Construction Management personnel are appropriately trained to apply HSE Plans and associated WorleyParsons policies and procedures.
- Monitor the HSE performance in the field and participate in site safety audits and incident investigations
Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline, including experience in senior construction management positions and construction project management.
Thorough understanding of the onshore/offshore construction environment.
Demonstrable leadership experience and managing a team across multi-disciplinary and large scale projects.
International experience is preferable.
15-20 years of progressive offshore EPC/CM experience that includes site construction management experience.
Be very familiar with the establishment and application of construction management systems, processes and tools.
Please note: no agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.
This is a sourcing requisition and does not constitute the availability of an open position.
WorleyParsons is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.