The Project Engineer will be responsible for the application of engineering principles to improve productivity and reduce manufacturing costs in the aluminum Die Casting department. This person will also provide technical direction for mechanical design and development of products in support of cost, schedule, and performance goals, while acting as the communication point person for customers and manufacturing concerning engineering and quality issues.
Responsibilities - Project Engineer
- Provides engineering leadership for current and new projects involving the Die Casting department
- Establishes engineering and product design standards for manufacturability.
- Acts as the liaison between the customer, manufacturing, quality and the tool shop to resolve drawing and/or tooling questions
- Ensures that tooling, gating and runner designs are meeting specifications, for optimum production efficiency
- Provides technical input during the new product start-up meetings to establish, the correct process routing, in order to meet or exceed the quality and cost goals, as quoted