PROJECT ENGINEER – Direct Hire – Chester, VA
Volt Workforce Solutions is searching for a Project Engineer to work with our client based in Chester, VA. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity to work with a leading manufacturer of a polymer resin which is a synthetic material used by customers to produce engineered plastics, fibers, filaments and films that, in turn, are used in such end-products as automotive and electronic components, carpets, sports apparel, fishing nets and food and industrial packaging. As a result of the integration and the configuration of their manufacturing facilities, they sell caprolactam, ammonium sulfate fertilizer, acetone and other intermediate chemicals, all of which are produced as part of their integrated manufacturing chain.
The Project Engineer performs a variety of project engineering work throughout the lifecycle of capital projects, including but not limited to conceptual design, detailed design, construction, commissioning/start-up, and project closure. Supports scoping, design, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects. Work is performed both in the field and office environment.
- Responsible for planning & management of capital execution internal and external engineering and design resources across the organization.
- Ensure the safe execution of all projects managed or in assigned areas, while working with appropriate Health/Safety/Environmental (HSE) personnel ensuring all government agency requirements (i.e., permits, notifications) are satisfied.
- Manage the execution of small capital investments as project engineer through their entire life cycles in areas assigned: including prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation.
- Integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant Customers.
- Familiar with capital project management processes.
- Work closely with the site Finance Manager to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed projects. Manage the overall effort leading to an approved Appropriation Request (AR).
- Manage several smaller capital investments and/or a few larger investments simultaneously at the home site location with potential to manage projects at remote locations as well.
- Prepare bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment and services.
- Prepare and issue work packages to construction.
- Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR (both managed and in areas assigned). Working knowledge of Project Controls (Estimating, Scheduling, and Cost Control), discipline engineering, construction management.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis.
- Interface with key site and company personnel to make maximum use of available resources. Such functions will include, but not limited to, site engineering resources, purchasing, operations, systems, and business engineering, as well as equipment vendors, contracting firms.
- Handle necessary Management of Change items in areas assigned and pre-Startup Safety Review requirements on projects assigned.
- Oversee appropriate maintenance and records of all drawings, specifications, programs, and other documentation for such managed projects.
- Provide support for the Business Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan and the Six Sigma Initiatives in order to develop appropriate capital plans/budgets.
- Advocate for strong safety awareness program with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings.
- Anticipated travel – 10%
- B.S. Engineering from a four (4) year accredited college or university with 2 - 5+ years of engineering work experience in petro chem industries or similar industrial plant experience.
- Working knowledge of industrial work practices as related to Health, Safety, and Environmental impacts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and computer literacy required.
- Must be able to analyze field data in operating facilities.
- Action Oriented / Self Starter.
- Innovative “thinks outside the box”
- Previous Experience in Engineering, Construction, or Construction Management.
- Previous Experience in operations.
Please apply to position or contact Debbie Linville at (317) 599-4893 for any questions and more details regarding this position.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt candidate, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our partners.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer