Project Engineer Job Duties:
● Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
● Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
● Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
● Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
● Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
● Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
● Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
● Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
● Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
● Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
● Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
● Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.