As the Project Engineer for Springs Fabrication, you will be an integral part of a team focused on the complete development cycle for a variety of engineered metal products. You will partner closely with our engineering and project management team in this mission critical role. You will thrive working on a variety of both new and evolving products at different stages of the development. At Springs Fabrication, we are committed to being more than a job, so we will invest in your personal and professional development. If you are looking for the company where you can have a career and contribute to the continued evolution of a variety of industrial product, then join us today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interprets customer specifications, codes, standards, data sheets and calculations
- Performs reviews of project data to delineate scope of work and special requirements
- Researches the feasibility and capability of various projects requirements
- Provides technical solutions and recommendations to assists project management and manufacturing in all phases of the project development
- Prepares calculations and validation documents for various code and design requirements
- Produces detailed parametric 3D models and drawings per company standards
- Produces detailed technical submittal documents in support of assigned projects
- Interfaces with manufacturing to remain current with best practices and shop capabilities
- Interacts with customers as required to ensure the products conform to contracted requirements and meet the customer’s expectations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university; or five to seven years of job shop or custom manufactured product experience accompanied with a technical degree, in a field that provides a well-rounded background in core mechanical design and engineering concepts.
- Experience with in ASME Piping Codes and/or ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings, diagrams and other technical documents.
- Strong mechanical design skills in 3D CAD software (Creo or SolidWorks)
- Technical knowledge of fabrication and manufacturing processes
Since 1986, Springs Fabrication, Inc. has been serving the needs of companies nationwide with quality machining and fabrication services. A commitment to delivering high-end engineered metal products to a wide range of industries, including new and existing energy, government and military, and mining and remediation, has been the cornerstone of continued success. What was once a small, two-man job shop is now home to nearly 200 employees operating in two locations with over 200,000 square feet of industry leading high bay manufacturing facilities. From the capabilities to manufacture custom designed pressure vessels to fully engineered skidded systems and CNC machine capacity for industrial sized weldments, Springs Fabrication is one of the nation’s premier manufacturers.