First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer for our Nutek Disposables, Inc. located in McElhattan, PA.
The company has built its reputation in the marketplace by demanding high standards for all of its employees. The company’s success is measured by its integrity, honesty, quality products at a fair price with exemplary service to its customers. This position requires an individual that excels in leadership and is a team player with a superb skill set. Beyond the technical qualifications of the position it is important that the individual demonstrates a character with strong family values and a willingness to build a solid working relationship with hands-on ownership.
Purpose and role of job:
Responsible for providing leadership in specifying, selecting, purchasing, installation, and start-up of major capital projects, to improve efficiencies and lower costs, improve quality and expand the manufacturing operation while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
Principal Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
● Responsible for leading machine design changes to lower costs and/or improve quality while ensuring customer requirements are met.
● In conjunction with Quality Assurance and Operations, reviews quality and efficiency trends, tracks root causes of problems, and evaluates effectiveness of corrective actions.
● Identifies and recommends new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
● Reviews and approves process procedures and customer specifications.
● Develops request for proposals, negotiates purchases, installs, starts up, and validates new equipment.
● Utilizes project management skills to prepare and communicate project status, budget updates, schedules, and coordinate multiple internal and external disciplines to meet required schedules.
● Documents and resolves project scope changes and performance issues.
● Interacts with representatives from a variety of functional groups, including Process Engineers, Controls Engineers, Packaging Engineers, Safety Engineers, Purchasing, Customer Service, Maintenance, Production, Planning/Purchasing, and Quality Assurance.
● Writes procedures and manuals and trains operation personnel.
● Observes all safety rules and uses proper safety equipment at all times.
● Follows necessary GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations/guidelines.
● Performs other duties as necessary.