The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for aiding the project staff in the preconstruction and construction stages of a project. The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and/or Assistant Project Manager with the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of the project(s) to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, and bidding
My Client makes it a priority throughout every construction project is to provide job opportunities, improve neighborhoods, and help small local companies. They thoroughly understand the permitting process, and have the ability to coordinate the requirements of local regulatory agencies and utilities in a timely manner, resulting in an impressive history of delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Personnel with over 100 years of combined construction management & contracting experience
- Successful track record of completed projects, on time and on budget
- Commitment to safe, sustainable construction utilizing participation of locally based firms whenever possible
- Contact subcontractors and suppliers for purposes of bid solicitation. Evaluate less complex Subcontractor bids, aid in pricing alternates, and initiate value-engineering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable of the permit process and occupancy requirements.
- Prepare, expedite and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, request for information, change orders and other as determined necessary for a successful project
- Monitor job progress with Project Manager and Superintendent for schedule updating
- Become familiar with Prolog and/or Procore database software programs
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts
- 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Preferred professional development experience through a formal cooperative education program or internship.
- Ability in these areas: interpersonal skills, computer skills, ability to communicate both written and oral.
- Knowledge of basic PC-based programs including scheduling, spreadsheet, and database applications.
Competitive salary and benefits
A company that values work/life balance
A company that invest in the development of their professionals
Apply today and have your resume reviewed in the next 48 hours!