GHD has an immediate opportunity for a Project Engineer within the water/wastewater industry in our Bowie, MD office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, design and construction engineering of water, wastewater, utilities, infrastructure and site-development projects for municipal and private clients.
- Develop master plans, technical reports, design drawings, contract documents, cost estimates and prepare project permits.
- Assisting project managers, leading production staff designs projects and technical staff for contract administration of projects under construction.
- Build client relationships, winning work, staffing projects and staff development.
- Understand client needs, project scope and Consultancy and Sub-consultancy Agreements
- Able to work on multi-disciplinary projects and assisting in coordinating these efforts.
- Work with Service Group Managers, Service Line Coordinators, Business Stream Coordinators, and others tohelp secure projects
- Assist with project delivery strategy and job plan, QA plan, securing resources, establishing work briefs and budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in water / wastewater / utility / infrastructure design.
- Registered Professional Engineers License (State of MD a plus).
- Experience with computer aided drafting (CAD), water and sewer hydraulic modeling, storm water management, and state and local permitting a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid computer skills
- Experience in working on multi-disciplinary project team
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please attach your resume and cover letter via the link below
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.