The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, management, and completion of IT projects for clinical, ancillary, and business systems across the Hospital. The Project Manager:
- Concurrently leads large, diverse, complex projects using established PMO methodology, processes, and tools.
- Uses experience and strong project management skills to manage scope and deliverables across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Partners closely with executives and stakeholders enterprise-wide to define scope and to collaborate on project planning, execution, and delivery.
- Contributes to the evolution of the PMO, collaborating with peers on opportunities for improvement of the standards, processes or best practices.
- Maintains a client satisfaction, service delivery focus by effectively communicating project timeline, status and action plans. Proactively identifies, communicates, and resolves issues that threaten the success of the project.
- Consults with multi-disciplinary customer groups regarding their best practices and operational processes relevant to assigned projects. Project Managers may be focused in areas where specific subject matter expertise will be utilized.
- Provides thought leadership to add value related to project management, system implementations, and hospital/clinical applications or technologies.
- Monitors customer satisfaction to ensure projects meet stakeholder expectations. Maintains timely and accurate documentation in support of PMO operations.
- Provides mentoring to junior team members and assist in interviewing and on-boarding of new PMO members.
Education: A Bachelor's degree is preferred. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of IT experience with a minimum of three years of experience in a project management or leadership role. Ideal candidates will possess a solid understanding of technical infrastructure and Epic/Clinical applications functional areas.
- 10+ years of project management experience with a minimum of three years’ experience managing multiple, complex IT projects in a hospital PMO environment is preferred.
- Experience with Project Management methodology based on Project Management Institute (PMI) principles is PMP certification is a plus but not required. Candidates must be open to pursuing certification in the future if selected.
- Proven ability to listen to the needs of the customer, inspire key employees, effectively sell ideas and negotiate with a wide variety of stakeholders, develop amicable relationships with a wide range of different personalities at all levels.
- Independent thinker yet willing to compromise and collaborate with other PMO team members to derive operational excellence across the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including experience making formal and informal presentations to senior and executive management and key stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to convey information clearly, accurately, and timely in consideration of audience and medium.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite required.
- Experience with ServiceNow and ITIL Foundations certification is a plus but not required.