GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on building lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to balanced development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD has recently entered into an agreement to expand our existing Mid-Stream Engineering and Design Services to a major integrated Oil & Gas client and a leader in the Global Energy sector. As the result of this growth opportunity, GHD will be adding project management and design staff to multiple GHD locations. We have a current opening for a Project Manager to join our team for an In–Plant assignment at one of our Beaumont, Texas area client locations. We are seeking a dynamic individual that can add value, integrity, and high quality of work product to our multi-discipline design team and contribute to our continued success.
- Function as client point of contact within a consulting engineering environment to support ongoing multi-discipline engineering projects for an important Mid-Stream client.
- Be able to deliver a focused effort to ensure deliverables meet or exceed the expectations of our clients in quality and commitments that are put forth.
- Be able to respond to RFI’s, Bid Requests, feasibility discussions, and lead Proposal effort to confirm scope, budget, and scheduling required to perform the requested services.
- Develop time & materials and/or competitive lump sum pricing to perform engineering services.
- Adapt to the client culture and learn the measures of success.
- Have project involvement of a hands on nature and utilize project-reporting metrics to ensure up-to-date informed status of projects from initial stages through delivery and final archiving.
- Conduct project review meetings with internal design team and with clients to discuss issues, formally communicate action items to responsible parties, and provide follow up to ensure accurate assessment of progress against milestones and budgetary performance.
- Capture scope deviations and promptly advise design team and client of impact against current working agreements.
- Manage Project Budget and complete Invoice Drafts for accurate project accounting and Billing per contracts.
- Manage projects through close out and monitor A/R & Collections activity to ensure proper posting of payments for services.
- Act in the capacity of a GHD Leader by being part of the management team, performing work to industry and client standards, and operating with the highest regard toward ethical business practices.
- Follow and adhere to all plant site safety and administrative procedures.
- BS in Engineering (ME Preferred)
- 10+ years of project management/project engineering experience supporting industrial facilities projects in chemicals, refining, and/or pipeline.
- Background with interfacing with plant engineering, operations, maintenance, and construction staff.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and ability to conduct meetings and presentations with clients and design team members.
- Knowledgeable of industry practices in project performance benchmarking and earned value management concepts. PMP Certification helpful.
- Ability to interface with multi-discipline technical disciplines and general understanding within each.
- Aptitude to read and understand P&ID’s and other process equipment installation drawings.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of types of construction drawings and details required for each discipline.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, pleasant demeanor, and able to lead by example.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop programs.
- Physical ability to make field trips to review project scopes, grasp project complexities, and gauge potential safety issues
- Must have current TWIC Card.
To learn more about why GHD is the perfect place to bring your career check out our website www.ghd.com
As a multicultural organization, we support individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
No phone calls please and no third party firms.