Position Title: Project/ Program Manager - Level 4
Position Number: 351601
Location: Hartford, CT 06106
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Data Analytics, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Project Management
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Position: Project/Program Manager - Level 4
Duration: 12/01/2020 - 02/28/2021
Location: Hartford, CT 06106
9 yrs. experience
· Individuals with successful project management experience limited to projects of small scope, limited risk and complexity and/or of short duration.
· Individuals at this level will typically be assigned to manage projects under the direction of a State supervisor or manager.
· Individuals with this level of experience are suitable for small Client Agency projects with clear, achievable outcomes, or in assignment as project support on larger projects.
· Individuals at this level can also be used to in the capacity of a Project Controller, provided that they can satisfy the basic requirements of that position.
· Advanced level: Individuals with a mastery of project management skills, qualifications and experience.
· This individual shall function effectively with very little supervision, while maintaining a high professional standard.
· They are assigned to extremely complex and/or high risk projects that reflect the highest priorities of state government.
· These individuals are comfortable working with the highest levels of state government and are able to contribute to the furtherance of the states’ objectives.
· These individuals have the necessary skills and experience to assist in statewide project portfolio management and/or IT Investment Management.
CLIENT Scope of Work:
Health Information Technology Program Manager
SCOPE OF WORK
· The CLIENT seeks a Project/Program Manager who will perform duties consistent with many of the responsibilities of the Health Information Technology Officer under the direction of the Executive Director of OHS.
· This is a three-month full-time consulting opportunity with the possibility of extensions.
· The CLIENT is a state agency based in Hartford.
· It is a mission-driven agency within the executive branch of Connecticut state government, under the leadership of the governor.
· The mission of CLIENT is to implement comprehensive, data-driven strategies that promote equal access to high-quality health care, control costs, and ensure better health outcomes for all Connecticut residents.
Duties of Health Information Technology Program Manager
· The successful candidate will assist the Executive Director in ensuring performance of the duties of the Health Information Technology Officer as designated by the CLIENT Executive Director to lead and manage health information technology initiatives that advance the strategic goals of the agency.
· The successful candidate will be a senior project manager with at least five years of experience overseeing projects that include health information technology infrastructure and analysis.
· The successful candidate will also have knowledge about and experience with state and federal government programs, particularly in Connecticut.
Responsibilities of the successful applicant include but are not limited to:
· Participate in a senior role at CLIENT to develop goals and strategies to advance the agency's mission.
· Assist the executive director with the oversight of statutory and ad hoc committees and commissions focused on health IT matters.
· This includes the Health IT Advisory Council in accordance with CGS 17b-59f and other subcommittees and design groups as will evolve from time-to-time.
· On behalf of CLIENT, assist the Executive Director in ensuring oversight of the contractual activities of the statewide Health Information Exchange as described in CGS 17b-59d.
· Assist the Executive Director to, develop uniform health information and data standards in accordance with CGS 17b-59a.
· Collaborate with other state officials to develop and implement a state health information plan.
· Participate in legislative processes as required by the Executive Director in pursuit of CLIENT or HIT objectives, including recommending and drafting statutory changes, participating in public hearings, providing testimony and other similar activities.
· Attract, hire, retain and supervise state and contracted staff to perform the HIT functions of CLIENT, in accordance with budgets and approved Federal and State grants
· At least five years of experience overseeing projects that include health information technology infrastructure and analysis.
· Experience developing or overseeing health information exchange or related health data infrastructure.
· Strong data analytics skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· At least five years of experience at a senior level in healthcare-related collaborative projects that involve multiple stakeholders in both the public and private spheres.
· Experience with state and federal government programs, particularly in Connecticut.
· Strong managerial skills including the supervision of staff, consultants and other vendors.
· Strong financial management skills with budgets of million or more.