Roles and Responsibilities
- Ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the entire construction project. Is able to manage and be responsible for all aspects of several projects running simultaneously. Considers the overall business concerns of the Company, in addition to those of an individual project, when making plans and decisions.
- Generate and manage project budgets, cost controls and project related invoicing.
- Extensive Knowledge of custom woodworking and millwork.
- Experience in construction field with practical experience in estimating commercial projects and millwork.
- Architectural interiors and woodcraft experience preferred.
- Experience with custom showcases
- Coordination of subcontractors, vendors, material suppliers, hired labor forces, inspectors, testing labs and others as required to fulfill the requirements of the schedule and project(s).
- Direct supervisor of Superintendents and/or Foremen, assisting them in their development of short-range operational plans and project control.
- Monitor scheduled progress versus actual project performance and make schedule/budget adjustments when necessary to recover lost time or project costs.
- Responsible for the generation of all cost proposals/time extension requests and integral to the processing of all change orders and claim proceedings.
- Responsible for safety planning and ensuring that safe working conditions prevail at all times. Conducts weekly safety meetings and inspections. Assures that the Company Safety Policy and all applicable safety codes and requirements are adhered to constantly and consistently. Assures various insurance forms are completed when necessary.
- Responsible to properly document all aspects of the work and to establish and maintain appropriate document control.
- Responsible for timely submittal of all reports as required and/or requested by Management or clients.
- Apprise Business Manager/General Manager of all major problems encountered at the construction site in a timely manner.