The Project Manager II will have responsibility for leading business projects supporting our external client growth. This position will have experience in implementing new lines of business, products and business concepts. The PM will be expected to manage the scope of the project, resources, and ensure an on-time delivery within budget. The PM will seek input from key stakeholders, manage competing priorities and be client-facing. The PM must have the ability to motivate team members, drive change, and facilitate problem solving discussions.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional new business implementation projects for all lines of business.
- Projects will include, but not limited to, new business for national clients, changes to financial models of current clients, new implementations with larger membership, provide responses on behalf of project team for client proposals and RFPs, and other business projects internal to the organization.
- Ability to develop project plans from business concepts, identify tasks needed to be performed to demonstrate readiness.
- Help to facilitate goal setting discussions with leaders to support the implementation of the project.
- Manage communication at all levels of organization on status of projects.
- Seek input from key stakeholders on business projects to effectively manage implementations to the client proposal, contract and/or state and federal regulations.
- Interact and provide project direction to a variety of staff, including management.
- Participate in client-facing discussions in managing the implementations. Provide documentation and plans that are client-facing.
- Provide clear and concise documentation that supports the milestones of the project, represents key business decisions made, and obtains sign off from stakeholders.
- Identify areas of improvement in existing project related processes, operating mechanisms, and methodologies and work across the organization to implement improvements.
- Present and facilitate effective meetings.
- Represent DentaQuest in a professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In depth knowledge of managing business projects and concepts through project management principles.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work well under pressure.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to manage business related discussions, influence key stakeholders, and drive leaders towards decisions.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to initiate and drive changes in process, methodology, and other PMO related areas
- Ability to lead and manage resources that do not have a direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and projects, and manage competing priorities.
- Proficient in using MS Project, SharePoint and other business management tools
- Excellent PC Skills.
- Knowledge of general MS office computer software.
- Previous experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance preferred.
- PMP certification.