Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a certified Project Manager to manage infrastructure projects at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Facilitate successful project management throughout the full project lifecycle using traditional and agile methodologies.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of project performance – scope, schedule, quality, and cost.
- Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, and provide responsive change management in frequent planning/re-planning meetings.
- Work with cross-functional operations-focused teams with diverse technical skill sets to support successful project completion; re-plan and adjust project course based on realities of team velocity and dynamic business/user needs.
- Document requirements in business cases, project charters, and project plans; update these documents to record progress and changes.
- Facilitate strategic planning through consensus building and collaborative decision making.
- Apply knowledge of federal government planning, programming, and budgeting as well as resource planning and execution processes, to support customer program planning, decision briefings, and progress assessment across multiple projects.
- Develop templates, procedures, and guidelines for managing project information and deliverables.
- Maintain a central repository for project documentation and reporting; track progress and report on status and metrics at task/work package and project level.
- Raise issues and exceptions; follow-through to resolution.
- Devise clear risk mitigation strategy and engage appropriate stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, or other relevant discipline
- 4+ years as a Technical Project Manager
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- ITIL v3 Foundation or higher certification and experience in ITIL-based processes
- Experience working in agile and DevOps environments using Jira
- Successful track record in delivering value through successful project results that meet business requirements
- Full understanding of the challenges of operations-focused environments
- Ability to work with incomplete and evolving requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional operations-focused teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Thorough documentation skills
- Strong teamwork and consensus building skills
- Experience facilitating collaborative development and launching new initiatives
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate – in writing and presentations – complex topics and procedures with team members and all levels of customer stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, and SharePoint
- Must meet all requirements for obtaining and maintaining a Public Trust Clearance
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.