The Project Manager is responsible for developing and promulgating project management methodologies based primarily on the PMI PMBOK as well as other standard project management methodologies, and leading projects across the St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children. You will be responsible for leading the full project lifecycle from scope definition, planning and execution through to documentation, training and wrap-up. Projects that you will lead will be multi-disciplinary and include technology, business and clinical components.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, oversees and documents all aspects of specific projects; works closely with upper management and other departments to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule.
2. Contributes knowledge/data for the creation, revision and updates to departmental programs, policies and procedures as needed, with the approval of department head.
3. Supports the operations structure for the department and recommends work systems to ensure optimum utilization and coordination of personnel and resources.
4. Organizes and assists the department staff to accomplish required activities in an efficient and effective manner.
5. Provides feedback to staff when opportunities for improvement/excellence are observed.
6. Participates in the recruitment, hiring and orientation of qualified staff associated with projects.
7. Assists with the preparation of budgets for assigned projects.
8. Coordinates short term planning for assigned projects and works with project leaders to ensure the sustained progress toward promised goals.
9. Monitors communication of professional associations and provider networks with which St. Mary’s is affiliated, responding as needed and forwarding communications to relevant parties within St. Mary’s.
10. Assists with data collection and analysis.
11. Assists with drafting, revising and submitting documents to the institutional review board.
12. Assist with drafting, revising and submitting progress reports and grant applications for studies.
13. Participates in System-wide quality improvement program. Implements and evaluates compliance to NYS DOH regulations.
14. Develops and implements systems for documentation necessary to maintain accountability and compliance with external regulations and internal standards, and standardization within St Mary’s Hospital.
15. Fosters practices consistent with the organization’s mission, vision and values; and family-centered care.
Join our fabulous team of professionals where big hearts help little patients!
We RECOGNIZE ability and REWARD excellence. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits:
Excellent individual/family benefits
Flexible spending accounts
403(b) retirement plan
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer