SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Critical Care Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Health University Medical center in Savannah, GA; a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several other perks to make your benefits package customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Memorial Health family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Registered Nurse that has a passion to work in the Critical Care Departments. Unlock your potential here!
The StaRN ICU Nurse Specialty Program is a unique educational opportunity to meet the crucial need for Critical Care Nurses. It is innovatively designed to provide intense training for experienced nurses with a passion to work in the ICU setting. The program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's Critical Care environment.
The ICU Nurse Specialty Program will begin Monday: October 5, 2020. The program is comprised of a combination of didactic training, hands-on skills labs, on-line education through the AACN Core Curriculum, hands-on clinical training, and clinical preceptorship at the sponsoring facility.
The ICU Nurse Specialty Program will last for approximately 10 weeks:
- The first four (4) weeks include a combination of interactive classroom discussions, case studies, online learning, and hands-on skills training with experienced ICU Plus clinical instructors.
- The remaining six (6) weeks is spent at the sponsoring facility working with an experienced clinical nurse preceptor in the ICU.
What does the ICU Plus Program include?
- 10 weeks of Intensive Critical Care Specific Training and Education
- AACN Core Curriculum
- American Red Cross BLS & ACLS Certifications
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Certification
- TeamSTEPPS Training
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be placed in a permanent, full-time ICU Registered Nurse role!
- Program acceptance requires a one year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the one-year commitment is fulfilled, they will be required to meet a pro-rated monetary responsibility
- Graduation from an accredited school of Registered Nursing is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Med/Surg Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of one year experience is required for this program - 2-3 years of experience preferred
- Attendance is imperative and 100% mandatory
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 640+ bed hospital in the beautiful, southern city of Savannah, Georgia. The facility opened its doors in 1955 and has evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region employing over 3,500 colleagues. Memorial Health serves as a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. We proudly serve 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 RNs and 38,000 physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities including hospitals, freestanding ER’s, surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our StaRN ICU Nurse Specialty Program. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.