Our client is a leading non profit organization and they're looking to hire a Senior Accountant. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. The position will begin as a contract position paying $28/hour with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate. The permanent salary will be around 70K.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.