Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The Senior Consultant will be expected to provide project management to our internal team as well as expert analysis and risk and recommendation strategies to our clients. The Consultant will work with our current team to provide deliverables and work products in accordance with our overall strategy, approach, and methodology. They may be called upon to lead a portion of oversight and assessment activities with a diverse set of skills and expertise to provide technical oversight and subject matter expertise. As such, the Consultant must be knowledgeable and practiced in all aspects of information technology system life cycle development processes and capabilities. Representative duties would include maintaining project plans and schedules, preparing project reports, and monitoring activities, tasks, processes, and deliverables of the vendor and/or client. The Consultant/Project Manager contributes to the written assessment reports and recommendations developed by the project team in helping to ensure they employ best practices, satisfy project requirements, and address risk to the project, all while working closely with the vendor and/or client staff.
• Provide project management and technical expertise on large-scale IT projects
• Provide technical oversight of applicable vendor and/or client processes, methodologies, and tools to minimize risk and validate the applicable requirements, standards and best practices are being followed on the project.
• Lead a portion of IV&V services in technical reviews and assessments of vendor and/or client tasks, deliverables, and work products, including providing recommendations for risk mitigation and acceptance.
• Monitor the technical aspects of the project and the vendor and/or client activities providing input and guidance that supports efficiencies to the client and project.
• Support the client and stakeholders in the planning and strategy discussions on the best approach for addressing risks and issues as they occur, in an effort to ensure that the project remains on schedule and within budget.
• Understand various software development life cycle methodologies and how they are used
• Oversees development of all deliverables, monthly reports and other work products
• Maintain project plans and schedules
• Participate in business development by identifying new opportunities and assisting with proposal development