Harlan Bakeries is a major food company who produces a variety of baked items. We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant / Cost Accountant to develop and maintain a number of processes and reports to support our rapidly growing facilities. Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain standard costs, support processes associated with inventory valuation, and complete review of the excess and obsolete inventory.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of reserve schedules and all inventory related reporting.
- Manage preparation and execution of standard cost roll up.
- Perform variance analysis of direct labor, material usage variance, yields, purchase price variances, and overhead expenses.
- Seek opportunities to streamline and improve accounting transactions and work with the business to provide accounting and analytical support to meet internal customer needs.
- Insure BOM accuracy and Maintain bills of material in ERP system
- Experience in inventory reporting, cost of sales/production variance analysis.
- Assist as needed in various aspects of the close process.
- Support audit activities within area of responsibility
- Performs special financial analysis and account reconciliations as assigned.