Senior Tax Associate & Wealth Advisor
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Senior Tax Associate & Wealth Advisor. The individual selected for this opportunity will be distinguished in academic and professional achievement, dedicated to client service, and have the highest ethical and professional standards of excellence. The individual will be part of a highly experienced collaborative team focused on relationships with High-Net-Worth clients seeking objective, comprehensive wealth management services. The role will involve direct client relationship responsibilities as well as supporting the partners in managing all aspects of a client relationship including investments, retirement planning, tax planning, estate planning, trust administration, and risk management. This position offers a strong career track within the firm:
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Tax planning and preparation for high-net-worth individuals and their related entities;
- Performing first reviews on individual and fiduciary returns;
- Ensuring compliance with all federal and state filing requirements on behalf of clients;
- Development and implementation of financial planning solutions for clients and the ability to perform complex research and financial analysis related to those solutions;
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of investments, insurance, taxation, and estate planning, as well as the company’s investment strategies;
- Active communication with clients in meetings, presentations, and generally as part of ongoing client-relationship management;
- Coordination of the management of client portfolios with the investment professionals of the firm;
- Communicating the full range of the company’s services and capabilities to clients and prospective clients; and
- Identifying new business opportunities and prospects and assisting in the closing process.
The position requires:
- Candidates with a CPA, JD, MST, or CFP®; with a minimum of 4-6 years’ relevant experience;
- A demonstrated focus on preparing individual and fiduciary tax returns with a primary focus on high-net-worth individuals and families;
- Superb written and verbal communication skills;
- An advanced understanding of investments, insurance, tax planning, and estate planning;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and proven ability to learn other technology;
- Notable attention to detail, self-initiated follow-through, and outstanding time management and organizational skills; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-office environment and to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands.
The position prefers:
- Experience preparing partnership, private foundation, and gift tax returns;
- Experience with eMoney, ProFX
- “Big Four” or large regional accounting firm experience.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $8 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, and Maryland. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.