SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
We are committed to developing creative, breakthrough connected car services that integrate consumers’ digital lives with their mobility needs. Our teams build these experiences here in Chicago so we are developing a dynamic and invigorating work environment. If you share our vision and are ready to help shape this exciting business, we’d like to learn how your talents can drive excellence in products and processes in the Chicago.
If you are passionate about developing and delivering a premier consumer experience by delivering the best software available, we have an opportunity that you will not want to pass up. We have several foundational projects underway and more coming, to significantly improve the connected driving experience for our fleet.
As a Sr. Technical Project Manager you will focus on project management for 2 to 4 projects for a highly technical full-stack engineering-related team resulting in transparent and consistent communication, risk management and issue resolution.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain project management artifacts throughout the life of 2 to 4 projects in a way that fosters learning and embraces change by working with teams, Product Owners, Development Managers and Leadership Teams. Manage estimation processes and budgets within project parameters.
- Work with teams to clearly identify, articulate and resolve risks and impediments.
- Use traditional as well as innovative ways to make project artifacts visible to teams and stakeholders to place focus on the most important areas of the project resulting in decisions that optimize value delivered to the customer.
- Work with other project managers to create a cohesive system level project view.
- Coordinate and drive release planning meetings to successfully create project management artifacts.
- Regularly review and update processes in a effort reduce duplication and waste.
Qualifications and experienceMinimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of successful Project Management experience in an agile organization 2+ years of software development experience.
- Previous experience in leading concurrent large-scale projects with cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment.
- Proven successful written and verbal communication with both developers and non-technical business stakeholders, including internal customers; interpersonal skills are a must.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, prioritization, decision making skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated track record for taking initiative and innovationExperience with Atlassian Tool Suite or similar team-based planning, tracking, and collaboration suite, as well as adaptability to additional tools as needed. Able to make simple paper-based systems work for the same purpose, and discern when that is advantageous.
- PMP, Scrum Master, Scrum Professional or other project certification.
- Experience in startup environments as well as large scale projects.
- Experience with international development teams or customers.
- Advocate for agile / lean best practices.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178