Sr. Project Manager
Huen Electric, a subsidiary of MYR Group one of the leading electrical contractors in the nation is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to join their Broadview, IL team! This position will manage projects within a design build environment for low to medium voltage projects. Projects are primarily located throughout the Chicagoland area, but can at times be throughout and out of State. Some travel is required.
Huen Electric founded in 1983 has earned a reputation as a dynamic, proactive, and resourceful electrical contracting and engineering company. Huen's high level of commitment to clients and the community has helped the company build a loyal customer base.
So why should you apply to be a Sr. Project Manager with Huen Electric? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our project managers receive excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K.
If you were to ask our employees why they like working for Huen Electric, chances are they would say "Whether you're a client, supplier, or employee, we consider you a valuable partner and part of our collective team. We work hard to develop mutually respectful and beneficial relationships not only with our clients but with our suppliers, employees, and the communities in which we work."
So what are you waiting for, come build yourself with us!
Project Manager Duties:
- Estimate projects from take off to award
- Work with Division Manager to negotiate purchases and subcontracts
- Negotiate rental of equipment and track status
- Preparation of project construction schedules
- Submission of Request for Information to clients
- Manage day to day activities of assigned projects
- Chair, prepare and document start up meetings
- Act as the main point of contact for project personnel
- Coordinating meetings, scheduling updates, submitting deliverables and addressing outstanding 'open items' as requested by clients
- Preparation of look-ahead documents and weekly, monthly progress reports and billing information
- Reviewing and monitoring job costs versus budgets
- Provide consistent financial and project progress reporting to management team
- Work with cost estimator of project/s to complete change order pricing
- Partner with customers to build and maintain excellent relationships for current and future projects
- Estimate projects to include new work
- Mentors project engineers and assistant project managers
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
Project Manager Qualifications:
- Candidate must possess experience in understanding blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
- 10 years or more of experience in the electrical industry and/or possessing project management and estimating experience within commercial and industrial electrical construction projects is preferred
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Excel, Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Ability to estimate projects from take off to bid award for commercial and industrial electrical projects
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is preferred
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel as required throughout Chicago and surrounding areas
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish to include mentoring junior level colleagues
- Must be self-driven and have the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Project is required
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.